Keep your CBTL brewer machine running optimally with this descaler product. This cleaning powder is for use with your CBTL or other brewing equipment. Use this non-toxic, citric acid based descaler for fast and effective removal of mineral deposits built up in the heating elements of home coffee brewers, espresso pod-capsule machines, and kettles. This product includes 4 - 1oz uses.
Breaks down limescale and mineral buildup
Helps ensure proper brew temperature
Helps extend the life of your machine
Leaves no lingering odor like vinegar
When the multifunction warning light on your CBTL Brewer machine blinks in YELLOW every 5 seconds, a descaling cycle should be carried out. The blinking yellow light will only stop blinking once the descaling cycle is complete.
1) Switch off the machne
2) Empty and rinse out the used capsule drawer and drip tray
3) Remove and empty the water tank.
4) Mix a 1oz packet with of descaling powder into 32oz of water and pour into water tank.
5) Make sure the lever is lowered and that there is no capsule inside the capsule compartment
6) Remove the drip tray
7) Place a container (at least 500ml) under the coffee dispnsing spout.
8) Turn the drink selection know all the way to the left.
9) Press the dispensing button AND at the same time, turn the machine on.
10) The machine will beep twice and the multifunction warning light comes on steadily in white. Press the dispensing button to start descaling.
11) The appliance dispenses the descaler at intervals (5 does with a 4 minute pause between each one, for a total duration of about 25 minutes. During this phase do NOT touch the dispensing button. Empty the container when full.
12) When the first phase is complete, the machine beeps and the multifunction warning light remains steadily lit in white. The water tank is empty.
13) Rinse out the water tank and refill it with fresh water.
14) Empty and rinse the used capsule drawer, the drip tray, and the container used and put back in place.
15) Press the dispensing button to start the rinse cycle
16) Rinse water (about 500ml) will be run through the machine. During this phase the multifunction warning light blinks YELLOW and RED alternately. If the container fills up, empty it out.
17) When the rinse cycle is complete, the machine beeps and the coffee warning lights and the multifunction warning light blink simultaneously, the machine is warming up.
18) When the espresso and multi-function warming light comes on and remains steadily lit, and the machine beeps twice, the appliance is ready to use.
19) Carefully empty and rinse out the water tank and re-fill it with fresk water (not carbonated).
20) Empty and rinse out the used capsule drawer and drip tray.